Monday, April 6, 2009

OH MAN

So Thursday I'm taking the kids to Ruths for piano.....hold on, let me back up a little. So obviously with everything thats been going on lately in addition with my own life I've been a little distracted. Anyway, I pull into the parking lot @ Ruths, kids pile out, love ya, be good and what do you know....a big 4 door RPD police truck is sitting right behind me, lights ablazin'. I'm thinking, I know I wasn't speeding, what the heck?! He asks the obligatory question, do you know why I pulled you over? I say no and then he says I didn't stop completely. I am totally mortified, I hate people that are distracted when they are driving, I don't want to be one of them. So I genuinely apologize, ask him if he would like to see my license, by the way the DMV still hasn't got my address right even though I've corrected it 10 times! He comes back, tells me to be more careful, checks to make sure the ladies man is in a car seat and goes on his way. So as we are pulling out of the parking lot I say to the ladies man, "We've learned a valuable lesson today haven't we?" Implying that he needs to always be in his car seat, to which he smartly replies, "No, you've learned a valuable lesson today." Dangit, I can't even trick my youngest anymore!

No comments: