Thursday, February 12, 2009

DON"T JUST STAND THERE, RUN!


So I love my Pokemon Master but ever since he was little whenever he gets the stomach flu he always just goes,"I feel weird." Then 5-20 seconds later a horrific stream is hurtling from his mouth and I hear myself saying,"Don't just stand there...run!" Of course by this point its too late, hes crying and drooling and I'm rubbing his back even though I feel like crying and dry vomiting and trying like heck not to make a grody face. So luckily the night he got sick I was totally drugged up on Ambien and the hubster got to get up and take care of it. My hubby is a sympathetic man and I don't know if he ever clearly appreciated my frustration at the vomit aftermath. He did at 3 am that morning ;). So P.M. has the stomach flu and I decide that when he's better he needs to know he needs to at least make an effort to get to the toilet. How do I do this you may ask? I have him rinse out his sheets. All you moms know what I'm talkin' about. I know, I know it seems harsh, but I figure at the ripe old age of 9, its time. I totally understand sometimes you can't make it, but I think you should at least try. I don't know, at the time I thought it was the right thing....was that too harsh? Am I a nazi mom? On a sperate note, The Ladies Man got sick @ 4 am one morning and we went in our bathroom and there he was going #1 and throwing up @ the same time! Then he turns around and says, goodnight. Siblings...so different!

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I have the same problem with Bob. We he even looks pail I give him an old Ice Cream tub, you know the big plastic ones. Carol taught me the ways, and now they are our puke buckets. It has saved a lot of laundry. I do not think you are a nazi mom. I would have done the same.