Thursday, February 12, 2009

TRANNY PROBLEMS


Ok the above pix will make sense in a second. So last summer our transmission went out, $3600, totally stunk. So I'm driving home from church sans hubby and P.M. I turn a corner and push on the accelerator...nothing. Of course theres no shoulder to pull over on so I'm stuck in the middle of the road and it won't even go into park. I automatically think tranny and frantically call the hubby to come get me. In the meantime no one is stopping (I just turned off Kings Row onto Keystone) so I turn on the hazards and hop out, hoping that someone from our ward will stop. Unfortunatly, thats not the way most people go home. Finally two nice men stop and push me back onto Kings Row. At this point I realize I told the hubby McCarran and Kings Row....crap! So I call Amber to see if Monty could tow me and they were so nice and totally willing to help, thanx guys! Liz brought her car, hubby finds me, we hook up the cars and off we go. Now I've pulled cars before but never been in the back car while being towed, total nightmare. Now the hubby is generally a pretty even tempered guy who doesn't get upset, but apparently I couldn't figure out how to properly brake so after 2 stoplights of him hollerin' @ me out the window, I get out of the car, do some hollerin' myself and we switch spots. I guess thinking the tranny went out and we might have to pay who knows what to fix it was a teeny bit stressful :) Anyhoo the tranny guy calls the next day and asks if I want the good news or the bad news. I say the good news and he says well the bad news is you need to not put your crap on the 4 wheel drive shifter (I don't know the exact name so lets just pretend thats it). I always put my big purse on the center console and I guess it shifted it into neutral so nothing was wrong! Breathe Nicole.......so to those who saw me on Sunday, thanks for asking if I needed help and that what happened.

3 comments:

Amber said...

That is great! I guess it's a lesson learned and thank goodness it wasn't your transmission! I would have probably been a little high strung too if I thought I was going to have to get a new transmission!

Marshall said...

YAY!!! OH, I am just so happy that it wasn't your transmission! Whew! That would have been HORRIBLE! I was not getting over it when you called me and told me about it! I can only imagine how you were feeling!

Lauren said...

OH my heck!! We've done that. I put a picnic bag in the middle and it fell down on the shifter thingy. Luckily Dustin was driving and figured it out cuz I would've been freaking out! Glad all is well!