
So our poor little Miss E got her appendix out Sunday night. It started out as a stomach ache and 4 hours later she had pain right where the appendix is and had trouble walking. Jen had told me that pain walking was a sign of appendicitis and Spence is an OR nurse who sees a lot of it so we had a good indication thats what it was. It all went really smoothly and quickly and we were blessed to have a surgeon and an anesthesiologist that Spence knows and works with so we knew they would do a good job. Miss E was very brave and only cried once. Even the doctors commented on how brave and 'stoic' she was. She is doing well and will only have 3 tiny scars. I asked her if she was scared and she said she was nervous but felt comforted. I am grateful to have a priesthood holder in our home :)





1 comment:
Hope she feels better soon. That's so scary. I was telling H- about it and she said, "Why does E- have to have something ripped out every time I want to play with her." Way to show empathy, right. Then she said, "That appendix thing sounds really scary. I think I'll have mine taken out before it gives me any trouble. Mom, will you make me an appointment." Me, "Um, no. They don't take those out as a precaution."
Feel better soon E-!
Post a Comment