Thursday, January 31, 2008

GORDON B. HINCKLEY


Our beloved prophet Gordon B. Hinckley passed away Sunday night. He was 97 years old and the 15th prophet of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He has served as the prophet since 1995. He was such an amzing man, I loved his humor and his wit. When he spoke, I knew that this was a chosen man of God. He started the perpetual education fund to help youth receive higher education and work related training. He also built 100 temples before the year 2000. Many of these were the mini temples like what we have in Reno. What a great blessing it has been to be able to receive the blessings of the temple regularly. Tears were shed Sunday night because we will miss President Hinckley. Although we never met, its as though he was a close friend. One of the things I love about the gospel is that we are able to be sealed to our loved ones and I am sure he is glad to be with his beloved wife, Marjorie. He has written a few books, including Standing For Something and I love reading his words. If I had a cane, I would be waving it.

No comments: