Monday, January 14, 2008

NURSERY


I have a calling in church that I absolutely love...nursery! I'll be the first to admit, I wasn't exactly thrilled in the beginning. But Bishop just asked me if I wanted to do something else and I told him don't you dare move me! I work with a fantastic nursery leader, Emily, who is so great with kids and I am always amazed at what a great teacher she is. So for our kids going into sunbeams we held a graduation. We made graduation caps and had a program and we printed up graduation certificates. After, we had sun cookies that they decorated with yellow frosting. I think the parents really enjoyed it and I know the girls enjoyed being the focus of attention. So Liz left early and wasn't able to stay so Max made a cookie for Evie (his own idea), he carried it carefully but gravity prevailed and it fell on the frosting side. Max was so cute, he stopped eating his cookie and said,"Its o.k., I'll give her this one." There is nothing sweeter than the kindness of a child.

No comments: