Wednesday, February 20, 2008

BAGUETTE


At our house we love, love, love bread. Especially crusty, artisan bread. Albertsons/Save-Mart has a yummy crusty baguette for $1.49 that we really like but they are normally out of it. I have found out recently though that you can just ask for it frozen and bake it @ home 390 for 15-20 minutes. Sprtiz some water on to make it crusty and wa-la...hot fresh bread! Funny story, this past thanksgiving I made my hot spinach & artichoke dip and I always use this bread to serve it with. They didn't have any when I went but some was in the oven so I asked if they could save me 2 loaves. They said yes and said come back in 20 minutes. An hour later I came back and they told me 2 people tried to steal my bread! It was behind the counter w/my name on it but apparently these people needed bread for thanksgiving pretty bad to lie about what their name was!

2 comments:

Carol said...

You inspired me to pick some up for our spagetti last night. Yummy!Thanks for the inspiration.

Liz Maile said...

I love bread so much. When Eli was going to propose, I told him that I would be happy with a yummy loaf of bread instead of a ring....of course I had already bought the ring, but I would have taken the bread!